Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Last Call

One of my songs for your beloved memory

Last Call © IJOSTL - 2008 (Dedicated to My Darling)

You stayed fast, 'till the end of it all
my star-crossed pursuit was a mortal last call
it's a far away down and a very long fall
from finally free, to crusade for a doll

At the foot of a mountain
in that warm summer day
by my troth of a fountain
truth faded away
and the pain of the world
it grew every way

And onward I went
and damned the black soul
in the rapture you lent
playing every role
in futile attempts
at making us whole

My carriage echoed
through her gentle measure
and so the lead
chivied mystic treasure
behind collusion, a ruse
of single-minded pressure

It's a far away down and a very long fall
from the frequency tuned to the source of it all
my star-crossed pursuit was a mortal last call
and you're finally free, my dearest love doll
you stayed fast, 'till the end of it all
and still, all I can do
is thank you

 

No comments: